Welcome!

This blog is a platform for a journal and the display of personal projects.

2014 Slideshow

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What I Did On My Holiday Vacation

What I Did On My Holiday Vacation
1/10/2010 3:05:04 PM

Both because I want to remind myself that I did use the time constructively and because I want to remember it, I’m attempting to reconstruct and recount what I’ve done over the extended ~14 day stay-at-home holiday break.

Friday, December 18 – Knowing that we’re getting a big snow and it’s the last weekend before Christmas, the stores are jammed; and I’m in the middle of it. Up early to Best Buy, Target and other strip stores. The traffic is horrendous.

Saturday, December 19 – Washington gets a huge snowfall and everyone is locked down. Chris, Patrick and I periodically do some shoveling to lighten the ultimate load. Jamie is stuck at Warren’s house. It’s actually kind of comforting to watch the snow and know that you really can’t do anything or go anywhere.

Sunday, December 20 – Patrick and I shove the entire driveway. Later, he and Nathan shovel out MaryEllen’s for $22 each and some hot chocolate!

Monday, December 21 – Worked part of the day – had some phone calls and e-mail.

Tuesday, December 22 – Puttering and running around some more…..

Wednesday, December 23 – Mostly wrapping presents – did some work on my personal GCD website.

Thursday, December 24 – Christmas Eve – went skiing at Liberty Mountain with the boys. Jamie & Chris Taylor met us up there.

Friday, December 25 – Christmas Day – opened the presents with the family, lounged around and was joined by Chris Taylor for x-mas dinner.

Saturday, December 26 – Worked out at the gym – then the great store return marathon: Wal-Mart, Target, Michaels, Home Depot and Office Depot; where Patrick got a laptop after saving up for several months.

Sunday, December 27 – Some home puttering, then more stores with Marth and Nathan…….Dick’s for Nathan’s board boots, Ski Chalet for Marth’s helmet, Home Depot for my cabinet to rearrange my studio – which I did in the evening (FINALLY!) At least one thing knocked off the list.

Monday, December 28 – Took JCD to work….Chris to the orthopedic doctor……waited for cleaning ladies……waited for dryer delivery…..then in the evening went to a "sleep study" for the night (more on that above).

Tuesday, December 29 - It's some time since I've tried to recollect - but I know I was exhausted when I came home from the "study" - didn't actually get too much sleep.

Thursday, December 31 - Chris had a couple of his friends - Patrick Foit and David Kennedy - stay the night for New Years. I bought ribs, fries and spiced shrimp for the little guys and us to have for dinner. Watched the New Year come in with Nathan in my office.

Friday, January 1 - The five of us went over to the Ferguson's (another family with four boys from our old neighborhood) and visited - while the boys played Rock Band....and jammed for real.

Saturday, January 2 - Actually finished putting together the 2006 family video......only three years late!

For the most part the last few days of the break were consumed by puttering and running errands. It all goes to quickly and now we're back at school and work. While I thought I'd get an incredible amount accomplished with two weeks off, I didn't really come close to what I thought I'd do. It just goes to show that busy people are much more efficient with their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment