Welcome!

This blog is a platform for a journal and the display of personal projects.

2014 Slideshow

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thursday Night Massacre

Thursday Night Massacre
6/9/2008 6:02:36 PM
Work related
The change in LLS leadership to new CEO John Walter was delivered with a big punch on Thursday, June 6. Top leadership of the Field department - Leslie Chambers, Michelle McDonald and Linda G - all VPs - were abruptly fired. This comes after Paul Weiss, the head of the department suddenly left without warning last week. Scares the hell out of everyone - as you might expect. John called me late in the day to let me know that my staff and I are "ok" - which was nice of him. Like everyone else, we were wondering if we were in the crosshairs; but had concluded we probably weren't. John doesn't seem toon inclined to mess with the mission depts. For the most part we're doing ok. He seems more concerned with the "engine room" and administration. Besides, my dept is only six people and make up less than one half of one percent of the national budget - and it's all "mission" that counts toward that percentage in fundraising. And if I do say so myself, we deliver a pretty good bang for the buck. So our philosophy will be to try to deliver high profile results, good service for the chapters.....and to keep our heads down and not cause any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment